Mayor Tucker announce a 4.7% tax DECREASE
Mayor Tucker and the Village Board announce a 4.7% overall tax DECREASE for the new Budget year commencing June 1, 2021!
At last night’s Village Board meeting, the Board voted unanimously to approve the new Budget for June 1, 2021 through May 31, 2022 that features a Village-wide tax decrease of 4.7%! Homestead homeowners will see a 4.5% reduction in the tax rate, while non-homestead will see a 5.4% reduction in the tax rate. Great news for Piermont taxpayers! With the fund balance at the highest level it’s ever been, we are in great financial shape.
I want to thank the Village Board Trustees for their assistance and hard work putting together this Budget. I also wish to thank all the Department heads for helping to control costs while still offering the same quality service that Piermonters appreciate.
- TAX RATE FOR HOMESTEAD: $7.022 / $1,000 OF ASSESSMENT – DOWN 4.5%
- TAX RATE FOR NON-HOMESTEAD: $10.564 / $1,000 OF ASSESSMENT – DOWN 5.4%
- PROJECTED EXPENSES UP $208,866 TO $6,095,315 – A 3.6% INCREASE
- PROJECTED REVENUES UP $439,158 TO $1,395,928 – A 46% INCREASE – DUE MOSTLY TO THE NEW POLICING AGREEMENT WITH THE VILLAGE OF GRANDVIEW
- TOTAL ASSESSMENTS UP $919,462 TO $617,413,818 – A .15% INCREASE
- TOTAL TO BE RAISED BY TAXES: $4,699,387 – DOWN $230,292 – AN OVERALL DECREASE OF 4.7%